


I finally made it. It took forever, mostly because the dough has to rest a lot and because I was being a little anal about the fruit and made sure it looked good.
This was a recipe that I saw in an issue of Everyday Food and the picture was just glorious, I talked about it for days. I posted the recipe in an earlier post titled, "Food Porn: Plum Galette"
It was really good. I was surprised at how delicious the crust was, it was actually better than the fruit. The fruit is really good too, I really love plums, but the crust outshone the plums. Its so simple, I'd like to try it with other fillings. Plums are going to fade out of season, so I'd like to try it with apples. What was also a really nice touch was that there's a layer of almond and sugar under the fruit. I also especially liked the way the sprinkled sugar made the crust look glittery.
No comments:
Post a Comment