Welcome to Quiche Lorraine (title inspired by the green poodle/B52's song and my love for eating quiche....yummm), a food blog created by two friends, Carla and Graciela. Our bond is grounded by our passion of food and music and we hope to share our foodie adventures with all other food nerds. Things to look forward to: restaurant reviews, recipes, food facts, deals, kitchen tools we want, hate and love, pictures of food and a look into our dinner parties.
Food and Carla: I enjoy eating, cooking and learning about food. I see food as art. You eat with your eyes first and then with your mouth. I also believe that texture is an important contributor to taste. Spices and herbs are like paint...you must mix a variety until you get the desired tone...you're meat or vegetable is your canvas. Every day is a learning experience. As an artist I was taught early on to think about color any time I saw the way light played on objects and think about the colors I would mix to recreate what I see. I've learned to apply that habit with everything I taste and always consider what combinations and techniques work and apply that when I am in the kitchen. Doing so makes cooking fun.
'styrofoam boots it's all nice on ice, alright'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment