Thursday, September 17, 2009

Foochiela! Burnt Beans

I was going to make black beans yesterday to prepare for today's dinner and I ended up stinking up the house with burnt beans. Ayy fo!
I've made many pots of beans before. Some were a great success and others not so much. So, i looked for some tips today on how to properly make a pot of beans. I discovered quickly the mistake i made yesterday.
  • Do not cover your pot of beans because the water will all evaporate. Idiota! I should've totally knew that. Duh! Rice!
  • It's not a bad idea to soak your beans overnight.
  • Let them simmer on low heat.
  • Loosely cover the pot to release the steam.
  • Some pots of beans take up to 4 hours to cook. Practice patience.
  • Lastly, don't be afraid to salt your beans...otherwise, they will taste bland.
I am out of beans, so it won't be until next month that i attempt making them again. Good luck to me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment