Friday, September 18, 2009

Recessionista's Cupboard: Day #2


Day 2. Still working on the perishable items.
I had oatmeal and coffee for breakfast and some leftover pizza for lunch. I needed to use up a tomato and onion before they went bad so i figured i would make some pico de gallo. I felt like enjoying something simple and non-greasy to go with my pico de gallo so dinner was Mexican rice, a boiled egg and topped with pico de gallo. It was perfect! The ingredients of this dinner: rice, tomatoes, onions, garlic, egg, serrano pepper, olive oil, tomatoe sauce and lime. How nice is to know that a minimal amount of ingredients could make you such a great dinner.


"Poor man's food" is def my favorite. It's simple, whole ingredients and guarantees to be comforting. My mom knows how much i enjoy these simple dinners and makes sure to make me these soul filling meals when i come over to visit. I LOVE when she makes me her frijoles and chorizo con huevos or something as simple as quesadillas. And the warmth and smell of the tortillas (i like them just a bit crispy) on the comal make the house a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment