Monday, September 28, 2009

Birthday Month

#2, Tuesday, Sept. 22nd: Pizza & Trivial Pursuit


Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures for this, but I'll tell you all about it. My friend Steven might have some pictures, I'll post them if he does.

We ordered pizza from Benny's in Pilsen. Pizza made by paisas, and its the bomb. Its a total dive, but I like my pizza a little shady. I usually prefer Italian sausage, but there I like pepperoni and mushrooms, and if you ask them to toast it a bit, they'll do it.

Pizza and fries is a Chicago thing apparantly. Steven, who is from California, says that nowhere else do you see people eating fries with their pizza. "Barack is probably the only US President to have ever had pizza and fries." - fascinating.

We played in teams, there was an odd number, so it was two teams of two, and a brave soul going at it on his own. This is how it panned out: Mando & Myself, Baby & Ken, and Steven all on his own.

I love Trivial Pursuit, its one of my favorite board games ever. I'm not that good at trivia, but I like the competitiveness and even when I lose, I have a lot of fun.

At the end of the night, after about three hours of the most random trivia, we were all tied, each with four pies. We rolled for the victory, and Baby & Ken won.

There was a question regarding the main ingredient in an Egyptian dish which was flax seed. I don't remember the name of it, but it sounded interesting.

If only Trivial Pursuit had an entire food category...

No comments:

Post a Comment